Sunday 13 October 2013

There Is No Skiff

There is No Skiff

So I blew up a Les Jihad Joe piloted Skiff on the weekend.  Or did I?
There is no kill mail and no loss mail for the engagement but since I was there and did blow it up, how can this be?
Well, the answer is quite simple really; the pilot of said Skiff waited until his ship was in 10% structure and then promptly ejected.  The consequences of said action are twofold:
 1.) It means your ship loses the benefits of your skills and drops to negative structure points, at which point it poofs into nothingness without leaving a kill mail behind, even while under fire.
 2.) It means you're a chicken shit coward who has pissed me off and now owes me a kill mail of greater value.

Now, I fully appreciate not wanting the shame of a mining barge loss on your kill board but perhaps you should have considered that before deciding to mine in a wormhole.  Also, given every other ship in your corp is warp core stabbed to high heaven, why not your mining ship?
(The ice harvester upgrade that dropped was a nice touch btw.)

I have heard of this, in my opinion, exploit being used by super pilots in nullsec to deny kill mails on their derped ships but it's the first time I have seen it in practice.  Looking back at how it went down, the ship didn’t actually look to explode as soon as the pilot ejected but rather when I next hit it.
Looking through my log after the gank, the last blow I had listed was for a negative value which I found interesting.

Personally I think this is a blatant exploit that should be fixed by CCP in the same way self-destructing was.


Later on I received a mail from an old corp mate which contained a chat log from the Bite Me INC (an old corp of mine) public channel where Kakiv Wavingstar, industry director of Les Jihad Joe, was attempting to gain information on my alts which led to some amusing comments from old corp mates which I appreciated.

Kakiv clearly doesn't read my blog since if he did, he would know that I have no alts.

Here's an extract of the convo log:

[13:18:29] Warlord Shat > Jack left a while ago hes a good dude though
[13:18:37] Agoniad Ractop > spy
[13:18:48] Kakiv Wavingstar > jack is a spy?
[13:18:51] Warlord Shat > Yeah he is a massive spy though
[13:18:54] Warlord Shat > :P
[13:19:02] Kakiv Wavingstar > damn
[13:19:11] Warlord Shat > ...We are joking
[13:19:42] Agoniad Ractop > yeah....joking
[13:19:57] Kakiv Wavingstar > can you proviens me with it's alt character?
[13:20:53] Zara Arran > why the interest?
[13:21:10] Kakiv Wavingstar > he harrast us in our WH, try he and is corp tried to siege our WH, we now he is still in our WH and scout
[13:21:26] Zara Arran > that... sounds like jack
[13:21:34] Warlord Shat > Lol yeah
[13:21:55] Kakiv Wavingstar > lol
[13:22:15] Warlord Shat > A scout is only for infomation what you have to worry about is the fleet that is behind him
[13:22:26] Warlord Shat > if you keep tight wormhole control you will be fine
[13:22:57] Agoniad Ractop > you will need plenty coffee :)
[13:23:04] Kakiv Wavingstar > yeah, but he play on a difference timezone, it's difficult
[13:23:10] Warlord Shat > I know
[13:23:21] Warlord Shat > its whats great about wormholes
[13:23:32] Warlord Shat > you need good timezone coverage is you wanna be safer
[13:23:32] Kakiv Wavingstar > do you think he is planning a second attack?
[13:23:50] Warlord Shat > Did he get kills his first time around?
[13:23:54] Zara Arran > honestly, with jack, you never know
[13:24:21] Kakiv Wavingstar > he's got somme kill, blow up our nid
[13:24:31] Zara Arran > lol
[13:24:32] Kakiv Wavingstar > with is corp mate
[13:24:32] Warlord Shat > then yeah
[13:24:46] Warlord Shat > he will hunt you endlessly
[13:24:57] Warlord Shat > you can't give someone a niddy kill and expect it to be fine
[13:25:24] Kakiv Wavingstar > they we 40 went the attack our nid
[13:25:52] Kakiv Wavingstar > many we're player not in the same corp
[13:26:16] Kakiv Wavingstar > so we didn't see them comming via the HS
[13:26:54] Kakiv Wavingstar > went the attack was up, 30 non-corp player from the HS come our scout did see them
[13:27:23] Kakiv Wavingstar but that's not the point how's many toon Jack Miton as?
[13:28:12] Warlord Shat > quite a few
[13:28:22] Kakiv Wavingstar > can you name it?
[13:29:02] Warlord Shat > No that is enough free intel for today


I sense these guys will be on my shit list for some time, should be fun :)


PS:  I wasn’t on the Nid kill mail, nor did I have anything to do with the attack on it, LOVE the paranoia though :D

No comments:

Post a Comment